When Disaster Strikes

I experienced my first crisis last night as a homeowner for the past 3 years.  K and I both arrived home from work to a flooded house. 
Our toilet pipe broke and was gushing water into our house for a couple hours before our neighbors noticed water pouring out our front door and down the driveway from the garage so they thankfully cut the water supply to the house around 4:30pm. K and I arrived home almost 2 hours later so thankfully someone else noticed.

We spent the entire night ripping up our carpets and flooring so this is what my living room and dining room look like now.

Thankfully insurance will cover most of it but it's a very hard site to look at right now. Not looking forward to all the renovations and workers in and out my house.

Hope you're week is going a hell of a lot better

5 comments

  1. Oh that is horrible, I'm so sorry Emily. I hope the renovations get done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is the worst!! Poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so awful, but I'm sure you guys will enjoy all the new flooring and picking out new stuff. Breathe hun... and be thankful for insurance :)

    P.S. Hope you guys can find the same carpet that's just as comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH no!!! i am so so sorry! that is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness someone noticed that water was pouring out of your front door, and your neighbors cut the water supply before the flooding went out of control. Well, crises like these are part of being a homeowner. You’re still lucky you live in a neighborhood with concerned citizens, and that your insurance will cover most of the repairs. I hope the renovations went well for you!

    Gail Wallace @ Emergency Flood Masters

    ReplyDelete