A Healthy Twist

I experimented with this Mashed Cauliflower recipe over the weekend and it's a keeper to replace mashed potatoes. We've been trying to cut our carbs especially at dinner time so this is the perfect substitution. K also loves it because it seriously tastes almost just like the real deal carb-loaded mashed potatoes.

I found several recipes online that said to add a ton of butter, cheese, breadcrumbs etc. but honestly I only added a little bit of the following and it tasted great.

My Mashed Cauliflower recipe:
1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated cheese
Garlic powder to taste
Ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
Steam cauliflower florets for 10 minutes or until tender.
Use a potato masher to mash caulfilower (you can use a hand mixer or food processor)
Add all ingredients and blend. 

It's really that easy and takes less than 20 minutes.

We served it with Steak Kabobs on Memorial Day and it was delicious!

3 comments

  1. This looks delish, and I will definitely have to try it out and not tell a certain someone what he's eating or he won't try it first! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try it but it looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mashed cauliflower. I usually cook mine with butter and sour cream but I think I might try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete