Sunday Funday At Home

I've been in the kitchen cooking potato salad from scratch for a pot luck at work tomorrow while K is glued to the TV watching football.

I made enough potato salad to feed an army so we're having some for dinner along with BBQ ribs. I think we've finally conquered the art of cooking delicious ribs that fall off the bone.

BBQ Ribs Recipe:
- Boil ribs for 45 minutes
- Mix BBQ sauce (any type) with 1/2 small onion, 1 tbsp mustard, paprika, salt and pepper
- Coat ribs with BBQ sauce mixture
- Throw on the grill 10-15 minutes (this gives them the best flavor)


I got a Trinidad-style potato salad recipe from CaribbeanPot.com that I love and always get compliments about. It has a lot of flavor and isn't bland like what you buy at the grocery store. I left out the celery and gherkins (pickles) though.


Potato Salad Ingredients:
6 large Potatoes
1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 can peas and carrots
1 1/2 cups mayo
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1 small red onion diced (1/3 cup)
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard
5 eggs (hard boiled)
 
You can get the step by step instructions here: http://caribbeanpot.com/tag/trinidad-potato-salad/. Take my word for it, it's super yummy!

Looking forward to Thanksgiving next week and having a short work week!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :-)

Emily

No comments